Friday, March 04, 2005

Phew! Got Out of that Unscathed

Just finished the scene I mentioned earlier. I had to find a believable way out of it without getting to a dramatic climax. I needed to build the tension but not end them movie in 20 pages. I hope it wasn’t too artificial. We’ll see when I get to rewriting/editing. Hell, this scene might not exist by then.

This writing thing is slow for me. I wouldn’t say it’s tough, just hard to see lots of progress. This blog is helping. Part of the problem is that I am writing between working and living my life. I’m not complaining and I’m not going to quit my job or stop watching baseball so that I can live the dream. I find it fun and I’m sure it’s good for my brain to writing instead of watching TV or playing video games. It is however very solitary and I’d love to be making a movie instead of (or in addition to) writing one. Hopefully this summer project will actually materialize and I’ll have another whole creative world to work in. I’m talking about a world that doesn’t involve sitting on the edge of an office chair, leaning with poor posture into a computer screen, and eventually destroying my wrists.

28 pages hoping for 90-ish.

No comments: